Bhindi Ka salan is a cooked like a stew in sweet and sour gravy.Learn how to make bhindi ka salan. It is a very popular mainstream Hyderabadi dish.
- 500 gms bhindi
- 3 medium measured onions (cut)
- 1 tomato (pureed)
- 2-3 dry red chillies(broken half)
- 1/4 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp tamraind mash
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- salt to taste
- cooking oil
Step by step instructions to make bhindi ka salan:
- Wash and dry the bhindis.Cut in two parts nad panfry in little oil. Keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan with a thick bottom. Add cut onions and ginger garlic paste.Fry till color becomes golden brown.
- Include the pureed tomato and blend well.Cook it till the masala becomes brown. Remove it and let it cool.
- Then grind it by adding little water to make a paste and keep aside.
- Presently warm oil in a wok or kadai and include mustard seeds and peppercorns.Let them splutter.Then include dry red chillies.Now include the onion and tomato paste and tamarind mash and blend well.
- Add satisfactory measure of water to shape a sauce and let it cook on low fire. At that point include blend seared bhindi and cook till the bhindis are finished.
- Serve hot
You May also Try
Bhindi Fry | Bhindi Masala | Bhindi Curry | Bhindi Do Pyaaza | Dahi Bhindi | Kurkuri Bhindi