Butter Cookies are fine textured, crispy cookies which every one loves to eat. It’s main ingredients are butter, flour, and sugar which are readily available at home.
- 6 cups All purpose flour (maida)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup white sugar
- 2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 egg
- 6 tablespoons cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make butter cookies:
- Sieve flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add the slightly melted butter and mix well.
- Add egg, cream and vanilla extract thoroughly.
- Wrap this dough into a foil and refrigerate for atleast 24 hrs.
- Preheat the oven for 400 degrees.
- Now roll the dough into a crust which is 1/4 to 1/8 inch thick.
- Now with the help of a cookie cutter, cut the cookies in different shapes.
- Lastly place them on a greased tray and bake them at 400 degrees for 5 – 8 minutes.
- Cookies are ready to be served.
You may also try other cookies recipes:
Cardamom Cookies | Chocolate Chip Cookies | Chocolate Pretzels | Hazelnut Cookie Recipe | Oat Cookie Delight | Raisin Choco Oat Cookie | Sesame Seed Cookies | Sugar Cookies