Chana dal has low glycemic index. It is very good for diabetic patients. Here is an easy chana dal recipe. Learn how to make chana dal.
- 1 cup chana dal
- 3 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 tblsp ghee / clarified butter
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- Soak the chana dal in 4 cup water for 2-3 hours then wash and drain.
- Boil 3 cups water, ginger, turmeric and the salt in a pan.
- Add the chana dal, cover the pan and cook over medium flame for 30 min or till the dal is tender and stiring occasionally.
- Stir the dal when cooked.
- For the tempering heat ghee in a pan and when hot add cumin seeds. When the seeds begin to sputter add garlic.
- Stir well and fry till the garlic turns light brown. Add the red chilly powder and stiring it, pour it immediately over the cooked dal and cover the pot
- Chana dal is ready to be served with rice or bread.
- Enjoy with Family and Friends. 🙂
You may try other Dal Recipes –
Arhar Dal | Arhar Dal With Mango | Chana Dal Payasam | Daal Makhani | Dal Nawabi | Gujarati Dal | Dal Maharani | Masala Dal | Masoor Dal | Manchmel Daal | Moong Dal | Panchmel Dal | Moong Dal With Palak | Parsi Dal | Sukhi Daal | Toor Daal | Urad Dal | Khatti Meethi Dal