Dal Makhani is one of the most popular dal recipes in any restaurant menu. This dal is the identity of the Punjabi food. So here we are presenting a easy to make homemade dal makhani recipe.
- 1 cup whole urad daal (urad sabut)
- 1 tbsp Red kidney beans (Rajma)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 ” Ginger piece
- 2-3 green chilies finely chopped < br /> chopped coriander leaves
- 4-5 flakes Garlic paste
- 1/2 cup thick curd
- 1/2 cup fresh stirred cream (malai)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- Red chili powder to taste
- 1/2 tsp dhania powder
- Salt to taste
- Soak rajma in water overnight.
- Add water & little salt and pressure-cook Rajma and urad daal till soft for about 20-25 minutes. Mash and boil again for 15-20 minutes and add curd and cream to the daal.
- Now in kadhai heat oil, splutter cumin seeds and add garlic paste, fry till light brown. Add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Now add ginger, green chilies and tomatoes and fry till tomatoes soften.
- Now add dry masalas (turmeric powder, chili powder, dhania powder & salt) and fry again for a moment.
- Add daal and stir on medium flame. As soon as it starts boiling remove from the gas.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and garnish daal makhni with coriander and add butter.
- Serve daal makhni hot. Goes well with laccha paratha, naan or rice.
- Enjoy with Family and Friends. 🙂
You may try other Dal Recipes –
Arhar Dal | Arhar Dal With Mango | Chana Dal | Chana Dal Payasam | Dal Nawabi | Gujarati Dal | Dal Maharani | Masala Dal | Masoor Dal | Manchmel Daal | Moong Dal | Panchmel Dal | Moong Dal With Palak | Parsi Dal | Sukhi Daal | Toor Daal | Urad Dal | Khatti Meethi Dal