- 1/2 kg Lemons (Nimbu)
- 250 grams Sugar (Cheeni) (2 cups heaped)
- 1 teaspoon Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 2 tablespoons Salt (Namak)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground big Cardamoms (Elaichi Moti)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground Cloves (Lavang)
- Wash the lemons and wipe them with a cloth to dry them.
- Squeeze out the juice and add salt to it.
- Cut long strips of lemon skins and soak them into a juice and put it in a jar.
- Put the jar in the sun for 6 days and shake it every day, till the lemon skins are tendered.
- Add sugar, Red chili pepper , cardamoms and cloves to it. Mix it well.
- Keep it in the sun until sugar gets dissolved completely.
- This chutney can be preserved for one year if it is kept in an airtight jar.
You may Also Try other Chutney Recipes:
Amla Ki Chutney | Apple Mango Chutney | Apricot Chutney | Banana Chutney | Carrot Chutney | Coconut Chutney | Curd Chutney | Date Chutney | Garlic Chutney | Guava Chutney | Hari Chutney | Mango Chutney | Mint Chutney | Mint Mango Chutney | Mint Tarmarind Chutney | Onion Chutney | Peanut Chutney | Pineapple Chutney | Pumpkin Chutney | Sonth Chutney | South Indian Chutney | Spicy Carrot Chutney | Spicy Pineapple Chutney | Strawberry Raspberry | Sweet Fruit Chutney | Sweet Mango Chutney | Tamarind Chutney | Tomato Chutney | Tomato Garlic Chutney