Mushroom do pyaza uses the onion in double the quantity hence the name “do pyaza”. This mushroom curry is tasty and can be made in a jiffy. Mushroom do pyaza makes a perfect side dish in any north Indian meal.Khumb do pyaza is an ideal option for a low calorie dish without compromising on the taste.
Total time : 20 mins
- 500 gms mushroom (quartered)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1 capsicum (sliced)
- 4 small onions (cut in halves)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seed and when it starts to splatter add ginger-garlic paste and onion.
- Fry till the onions are translucent.
- Then add all the spices, coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chili. Mix all the ingredients well and let it cook for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minute, till tomatoes are little pulpy.
- Add the small onions and capsicum and fry for 2-3 minute, till capsicum is little soft.
- Now add the mushroom pieces along with salt. Cover it with a lid and cook till done. Cook on low flame.
- When mushroom are cooked add finely chopped coriander leaves and lime juice.
- Mix gently and serve.
- Enjoy with Family and Friends. 🙂
Note : In case you do not have small onions then use ordinary onions. But remember to cut them in big pieces.