Mushroom Masala is a dry dish and excellent combination to be served with roti and chapati.
- 2 medium finely chopped onions
- 2 medium chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 lb. diced mushrooms
- 6 slit green chili peppers
- 4 cloves
- 1 small stick cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek leaves (crushed methi leaves)
How to make mushroom masala:
- Warm oil, add cloves and cinnamon. When oil simmers, add onions.
- When onions turn brown, add garlic paste, red chili powder, cumin, and turmeric powder mixed in a little water with salt to taste.
- When the masala is thoroughly fried, and oil comes up, add tomatoes and green chili peppers.
- Stir thoroughly, then add diced mushrooms. Cook on low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with dried crushed fenugreek leaves for a delicious flavor. Serve with chapattis or puri.
- Enjoy with Family and Friends. 🙂