Here is a simple recipe for oniion dosa. Learn how to make onion dosa.
- 3 cup rice (chawal)
- 1 cup split black gram lentil (urad ki dhuli dal)
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds (dana methi)
- 400 gm potato(alu)
- 200 gm onion (pyaj)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
- 10-12 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- oil as required
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (namak)
- Soak rice, dal and dana methi for 6 hours.
- Then grind them to a fine thin batter by adding little water.
- Add salt to it and leave it covered for 12 hours for fermentation.
- Peel potato and cut into small pieces.
- Chop onion into long pieces.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and crackle rai and curry leaves.
- Then fry onion in it until it turns light brown.
- Now put alu, 1/2 tsp salt, lal mirch, haldi in it.
- Fry for 2 minutes and remove it from the flame. Keep it aside for stuffing.
- Now heat a non stick tawa and spread 1 tbsp of the batter on the whole of the pan.
- When cooked spread onion mixture on it.
- Grease all the corners with oil.
- Roll and remove it from the flame.
- Put little water on the tawa and wipe it with a clean cloth before making each dosa.
- Serve them hot with hot sambhar and chutney.
- Enjoy with Family and Friends. 🙂
You may also try other BREAKFAST Recipes :
Aloo Poha | Besan Ki Roti | Curd Rice | Gobhi Paratha | Hari Mirch Pakora | Idli Sambhar | Rava Uttapam | Rawa Dosa | Paneer Dosa | Moong Dal Vada | Missi Roti | Paneer Sandwich | Pav Usal | Poha Roll | Pyaz Ki Kachori | Instant Dhokla | Plain Dosa | Rawa Idli | Stuffed Idli | Sabudana Khichdi | Thepla | Upma | Vada Sambhar | Vermicelli Upma | Vegetable Uthappam | Onion Uthappam | Kaju Uttapam