Here is a simple and easy to make Parsi dal. This dal is made with split massor dal. Find a quick receipe below.
- 1 cup Split Red Lentil (Masoor Dal)
- a pinch of Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 2 chopped Green Chilli (Hari mirch)
- 2 flakes chopped Garlic (Lasan / Lahsun)
- 2 tblsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tblsp chopped Coriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- Cook the dal with the turmeric powder and sufficient water in a pressure cooker.
- Cook till the dal is cooked.
- Remove from the flame.
- Mash the dal with a wooden spoon. keep aside in a pan.
- Heat the ghee in a pan.
- Add the garlic,salt, green chillies and the cumin seeds.
- Fry for a minute over a low flame and pour over the dal.
- Return the dal to a low flame.
- Add a little water if required(the dal should have the consistency of sambhar) and cook for 2 minutes. remove from the flame.
- Serve hot garnished with the corriander leaves.
- Enjoy with Family and Friends. 🙂
You may try other Dal Recipes –
Arhar Dal | Arhar Dal With Mango | Chana Dal | Chana Dal Payasam | Daal Makhani | Dal Nawabi | Gujarati Dal | Dal Maharani | Masala Dal | Masoor Dal | Manchmel Daal | Moong Dal | Panchmel Dal | Moong Dal With Palak | Sukhi Daal | Toor Daal | Urad Dal | Khatti Meethi Dal