Usal pav recipe is a very regular Maharashtrian house breakfast. It is a complete meal. Learn how to make usal pav.
- 1 cup Green Peas
- 6-8 Pavs
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp crushed Cumin Seeds
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 2 tblsp Oil
- salt to taste
To Make Paste:
- 1 small bunch fresh Coriander
- 8-10 Green Chillies
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Coconut
- Chopped onions
- Fine Sev
- Lemon Quarters
- In a heavy bottom vessel and heat oil in it.
- Make the paste of coriander, green chillies and grated coconut.
- Stir fry this paste in the oil for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Add all the other ingredients, stir and boil.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes with stirring occasionally.
- Cook till oil separates and floats on top and peas get soft.
- Check the seasoning.
- To garnish sprinkle chopped onions, pieces of lemon and sev.
- Serve hot with bread or pav.
- Enjoy with Family and Friends. 🙂