- 750 gms white pumpkin (kadhu)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (haldi) powder
- salt (namak) to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut (narial) (scraped)
- 1 tblsp cumin seeds
- 4 green chillies
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 11/2 tsps. rice (chawal)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (raai)
- 2 red chillies whole
- 1 tsp black gram split (urad dal)
- 10-12 curry leaves (kari patta)
- 2 tblsp sesame seeds (til)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- Peel, deseed and cut the pumpkin into small cubes.
- Grind the masala ingredients to a smooth paste.
- Cook the pumpkin in 2 cups water, salt and turmeric powder.
- When half done, add the masala and simmer till it thickens. Stir frequently.
- Heat oil and temper with the above ingredients.
- Enjoy with Family and Friends. 🙂
You may also try other Coconut Recipes:
Coconut Rice | Aviyal | Coconut Podi | Coconut Pudding | Chocolate Coconut Cake | Coconut Burfi | Coconut Cake | Coconut Chikki | Mix Vegetables In Coconut Milk | Paneer Coconut Gravy | Coconut Chutney | Coconut Cupcakes | Coconut Chicken Curry | Coconut Custard Halwa | Gujiya | Lauki Coconut Raita | Macchi Ka Salan | Masaledar Nariyal Lauki | Baghare Baigan | Parippu Payasam | South Indian Chutney | Sri Lankan Chicken Curry | Tomato Coconut Soup | Undhiyo | Vangi Ani val | Vegetable Nilgiri Korma | Bharwan Baingan