Food is a very important part of the Indians. We can talk Food, We can walk Food, We can laugh Food, and we can run Food, because we Indians love Food, it’s a creative foodie change in the Epic dialogue from the Indian Movie ‘Namak Halaal’. We all know about Indian dishes and Recipes, so in this article, we will show you some of the Interesting facts related to the Indian Cuisine. The motive of this Article is showing you the great interesting facts about the Indian Food.
1. Tomato, Potato and chilli don’t belong from Indian Origin. These staple ingredients of Indian Cuisine were brought to India by the Portuguese. If you think these items belong to Indian Origin, then you are surely living in a myth.
2. There’s a reason why India is called as ‘Land of Spices’. India is the leading country in the world in producing the most varieties of spices. India is unarguably the ‘Land of Spices’.
3. Before Refined Sugar, Honey and Fruits were used as sweeteners in India. And just like Potato, Tomato and chilli, Refined Sugar was also commenced by the Portuguese. We must thank Portuguese as because of Refined Sugar we are succeeding in making Delicious Indian Sweets.
4. A proper Indian meal has 6 different Meals: Salty, sweet, sour, spicy, bitter and astringent, According to Indian Food Theory. So next time you must judge your food with these 6 flavors and enjoy all the flavors.
5. One of the most famous dish in India, Chicken Tikka Masala, is actually not from India. Chicken Tikka Masala was invented in Glasgow, Scotland. We Indians accept everything with open arms like Srk-style that it actually becomes ours more than where it belongs.
6. Indian Food system is categorized in 3 categories – Saatvic, Raajsic and Taamsic. Saatvic (Fresh vegetables and juice) Food leads to higher states of Consciousness, Raajsic (Spicy and Oily) Food leads to foundation of activity and motion, whereas Taamsic (Meat and Liquor) Food leads to negative feelings.
7. Desserts and Sweets are unarguably the most important part of Indian festivals and special occasions. Payasam, very popular dessert of South India is a must serve at important occasions like wedding. According to South Indian Tradition, a wedding is not complete until Payasam is served.