1 1/2 cup flour
1/4 palm butter
4 egg yoghurts
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup corn starch
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 palm butter
3/4 cup ground almonds
1 cup chopped almonds
1 pinch salt
- In a food processor or in a bowl mix together all the pastry ingredients to form a soft dough.
- Place this mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Then take it out and roll it of a size 11 or 12 inches of a pie.
- Line a 11 or 12 inch pie or tart pan.
- Prick the base and chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F.
For the Filling
- In a pan heat 1/3 of the butter and add the chopped almonds and soughed them over medium flame till brown.
- Turn off the fire and let the mixture cool.
- In a separate pan take the remaining melted butter and add the grounded almonds and sugar and now add eggs one at a time beating nicely after each addition till the mixture is light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl sift the corn starch with the baking powder and salt and then fold it into the almonds mixture.
- Pour this mixture into the earlier prepared base and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the batter begins to sat.
- Now quickly spread the chopped almonds over the top and return the pan to the oven and continue breaking for 20 minutes or until the pastry is brown.
You may also try other cakes recipes:
Apple Cake | Banana Chocolate Cake | Carrot Cake | Chocolate Angel Cake | Chocolate Cherry Cake | Chocolate Coconut Cake | Chocolate Mocha Cake | Chocolate Swiss Roll | Coconut Cake | Coconut Cupcakes | Cornflour Cake | Dundee Cake | Eggless Cake | Fudge Cake | Honey Cake | Marble Cake | Peach Cake | Pineapple Upside Down | Pound Cake | Pumpkin Cake Recipe | Rainbow Cake | Strawberry Cake | Sugarless Cake | Sweet Chocolate Cake | Walnut Palm Cake | Whiskey Cake