1/2 cup butter
1 cup desiccated coconut
2/3 cup broken and chopped walnuts
1 cup golden raisins
2 1/2 cup grated carrots
3 tsp mixed spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger)
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 beaten eggs
2 tsp of orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
- In a pan mix nicely the all purpose flour, mixed spices, baking soda, brown sugar, desiccated coconut and chopped walnuts.
- In a separate pan melt the butter and add the golden raisins, carrots and orange juice. Stir it nicely and pour it on top of the dry ingredients.
- Now add the beaten eggs to the mixture and mix it thoroughly.
- Prepare a loaf tin by oiling the base and the sides, pour this prepared mixture into the tin and bake the cake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of it comes out clean.
- Serve it with Whipped cream.
You may also try other cakes recipes:
Apple Cake | Almond Cake | Banana Chocolate Cake | Carrot Cake | Chocolate Angel Cake | Chocolate Cherry Cake | Chocolate Coconut Cake | Chocolate Mocha Cake | Chocolate Swiss Roll | Coconut Cake | Coconut Cupcakes | Cornflour Cake | Dundee Cake | Eggless Cake | Fudge Cake | Honey Cake | Marble Cake | Peach Cake | Pineapple Upside Down | Pound Cake | Pumpkin Cake Recipe | Rainbow Cake | Strawberry Cake | Sugarless Cake | Sweet Chocolate Cake | Walnut Palm Cake | Whiskey Cake