Chana Dal Payasam is a sweet dish generally prepared during the festive season. Chana dal payasam is made of chana dal and coconut extract. Learn how to make channa dal payasam.
- 1/2 cup Split Bengal Gram (Chana)
- 1 cup grated Coconut
- 4 tblsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 5 crushed Cardamoms
- 2 tblsp Coconut cut into cubes
- 5 Cashewnut (Kaju)
- Wash and soak the gram.
- Melt a part of the ghee in a pan , add the coconut pieces and fry till golden brown over a medium flame drain, remove and keep aside.
- In the same ghee add the cashew nuts and over a low flame fry till golden brown and keep aside.
- Extract coconut milk by soaking the grated coconut in about half a cup of hot water for 10 minutes and then pass the mixture through a strainer.
- Boil the gram in a saucepan with just sufficient water to cook the gram.
- When the gram is cooked add the jaggery and the coconut milk.
- Cook till the mixture is thick stirring once in a while so that it does not get burnt.(make sure the mixture does not become very thick, it should be of pouring consistency.).
- Add the remaining ghee and the cardamoms. mix thoroughly.
- Serve garnished with the fried coconut pieces and the cashew nuts.
- Enjoy with Family and Friends. 🙂
You may try other Dal Recipes –
Arhar Dal | Arhar Dal With Mango | Chana Dal | Daal Makhani | Dal Nawabi | Gujarati Dal | Dal Maharani | Masala Dal | Masoor Dal | Manchmel Daal | Moong Dal | Panchmel Dal | Moong Dal With Palak | Parsi Dal | Sukhi Daal | Toor Daal | Urad Dal | Khatti Meethi Dal