Daal shorba is a soup which can be eaten with rice, roti or parantha. This recipe gives you a choice of veg and non-veg, both the soups.
- 4 Eggs (hard boiled) or 250 gms paneer
- 1 onion
- 1/2 tomato (pureed)
- 3-4 flakes of garlic
- 1/2-inch piece of ginger
- 1-2 green chilies
- 2tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder to taste
- 3/4th tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 3/4tsp garam masala
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil / ghee
- 2tbs Butter
- 1 cup green peas(lentil)
How to make Daal Shorba / Lentil Soup
- Remove the shell of boiled eggs & keep aside.If using Paneer instead of eggs, cut it into small cubes and fry in butter till golden & set aside for later use.
- Make a paste of onion, garlic, ginger and green chilies in a mixer.
- Heat oil in a pan (kadhi) and add onion-garlic paste and fry till golden brown.
- Add all the spices (salt, turmeric, coriander & chili powder) except garam masala and fry for a minute and add tomato puree. Fry till the oil starts sperating.
- Add a cup of water and cook till it dries.
- Now add the fried paneer cubes or green peas (which ever using) and boiled eggs.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring to boil and reduce the flame.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and daal shorba is ready for 3 servings.
- Garnish with garam masala and coriander leaves and serve daal shorba hot with paratha, roti or rice.