Dahi Bhindi is a spicy dish made with bhindi in a yogurt gravy. Dahi wali bhindi can be served with chapatis and naans (indian bread). Learn how to make tasty dahi wali bhindi.
- 400 gms Bhindi
- 1 1/2 cup yogurt(whisked)
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 inch piece Ginger
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tblsp besan
- 2 whole dry red chillies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tblsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- cooking oil
- Wash and dry the bhindi and cut the stem equally and remove the tip.
- Grind ginger and peppercorns to make a fine paste.
- Dry roast besan till it gives roasted aroma and keep aside to cool down.
- Heat oil in a pan and add dry red chillies and cumin seeds. Let it splutter.
- Add green chillies, coriander powder, turmeric powder and besan. Mix them well.
- Add bhindi and salt. Cook it on medium flame with stirring continuously.
- Now mix the ginger and peppercorn paste and whisked yogurt. Mix well and cook for 10 minutes till bhindi is cooked.
- Serve hot with chapatis or naan.
You May also Try
Bhindi Fry | Bhindi Masala | Bhindi Curry | Bhindi Ka Salan | Bhindi Do Pyaaza | Kurkuri Bhindi