Savor this Dundee cake made with glace cherries, almonds, raisins and currants.
- 75 gms chopped glace cherries
- 110 gms currants
- 50 gms chopped mixed peel
- 110 gms golden raisins
- 50 gms ground almonds
- 225 grms butter
- 225 gms castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tblsp blanched almonds
- Grated rind of one lemon
- 1 tsp cherry
- 350 gms plain flour
- 110 gms raisins
- Oil and line a 18cm cake tin.
- In a dish combine golden raisins, peel, ground almonds, currants, raisins and cherries.
- In a different bowl beat the butter till delicate then include castor sugar and the lemon skin and beat till light and fluffy.
- In a different dish beat the eggs together and afterwards, continuously add to the creamed blend and beat after every addition.
- Mix the flour and the baking powder in a different holder and sieve it well and add to the creamed blend alongside the cherry and all the dried organic products combine before.
- Empty this blend into the oiled tin, attempt to make space in the center and fill the center with the almonds.
- Prepare this cake for 2 1/2 – 3 hours at 325 degrees F.
- At the point when it’s done, cool the cake in the tin for 15 minutes and afterward let it cool totally on a wire rack.
You may also try other cakes recipes:
Apple Cake | Almond Cake | Banana Chocolate Cake | Carrot Cake | Chocolate Angel Cake | Chocolate Cherry Cake | Chocolate Coconut Cake | Chocolate Mocha Cake | Chocolate Swiss Roll | Coconut Cake | Coconut Cupcakes | Cornflour Cake | Eggless Cake | Fudge Cake | Honey Cake | Marble Cake | Peach Cake | Pineapple Upside Down | Pound Cake | Pumpkin Cake Recipe | Rainbow Cake | Strawberry Cake | Sugarless Cake | Sweet Chocolate Cake | Walnut Palm Cake | Whiskey Cake