- 6 tblsp butter
- 1 1/2 cup corn meal (makai ka atta)
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup whole wheat up flour
- Desi ghee
How to make makai ki roti :
- Mix cornmeal, whole-wheat up flour and salt.
- Mix in sufficient lukewarm water, a little at a time, to make medium soft dough.
- Divide the prepared dough into eight to ten equal portions.
- Grease a fresh polythene sheet with desi ghee so that the chapatti removes easily.
- Wet your hand with a little water and flatten each portion on a polythene sheet greased with desi ghee, into a disk of four to five inches diameter.
- Heat up a tawa, apply a little oil and transfer makai roti carefully onto the tawa.
- Spoon a little oil on the sides of makai roti and stir fry on low heat up for one minute.
- Turn the makai roti and stir fry the other side for one minute or till crunchy and light golden brown.
- Spray the cooked rotis with butter and serve hot with sarson ka saag.
You may also like to try:
Veggie Corn Raita | Makai Na Bharta | Murg Makkai | Makki Korma | Makki Paneer Pakora