Masala masoor dal is a very nurtitious, easy to make and delicious recipe. Simple recipes like masala masoor dal can bring variations to our everyday boring menu. Learn how to make masoor dal masala. It tastes best with rice.
- 1 cup Split Red Lentil (Masoor Dal)
- 5 slit Green Chilli (Hari mirch)
- 1 tblsp chopped Coriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 cup grated Coconut
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds (Raai / Raee)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed (Jeera)
- 2 chopped Tomato (Tamatar)
- 1 tblsp Oil
- 1 meduim sized sliced Onion (Pyaj)
- Wash and soak the gram for 30 minutes.
- Grind the grated coconut with a little water to a smooth paste in a blender.keep aside.
- Fry the sliced onions till golden brown. remove and keep aside.
- Cook the gram in a pressure cooker with just sufficient water to cook the dal until soft.
- Remove the lid of the cooker and add the green chillies , turmeric powder tomatoes and salt. Cook for 3 minutes.
- When the tomatoes are cooked add the coconut paste. Mix thoroughly.
- Cook for a minute and remove from the flame.
- Heat the oil in a pan. add the mustard seeds, when they crackle add the cumin seeds.
- Fry for a few seconds over a low flame. Pour over the dal.
- Serve hot garnished with the fried onions and the chopped corriander leaves.
- Enjoy with Family and Friends. 🙂
You may try other Dal Recipes –
Arhar Dal | Arhar Dal With Mango | Chana Dal | Chana Dal Payasam | Daal Makhani | Dal Nawabi | Gujarati Dal | Dal Maharani | Masoor Dal | Manchmel Daal | Moong Dal | Panchmel Dal | Moong Dal With Palak | Parsi Dal | Sukhi Daal | Toor Daal | Urad Dal | Khatti Meethi Dal