Whole moong dal is a staple dal in every Indian household. It is nutritious, healthy and goes well with most of the Indian side dishes. Hari moong ki dal is very simple and easy to make.
- 1 cup Green Moong Dal ( Whole Green Gram)
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1 long chopped Green Chillies
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Few Coriander leaves
- Wash the dal 2 – 3 times in water. Then soak it for 1/2 hour in 3 cups of water.
- Drain the water and pressure cook the dal in 3 cups of water, turmeric and salt for 6 -7 whistles. Once the steam escapes check the consistency. If the dal is still uncooked then add some more water and pressure cook for 1 -2 whistles. If the dal is all dried and then add warm water according to the desired flow.
- For the tadka, heat ghee in a pan and add hing and cumin seeds.
- Once the seeds begin to sputter add the chopped green chillies and fry for a minute.
- Add the mashed green moong dal to it and let it boil. Keep till 2-3 boils.
- Garnish moong daal with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Enjoy with Family and Friends. 🙂
You may try other Dal Recipes –
Arhar Dal | Arhar Dal With Mango | Chana Dal | Chana Dal Payasam | Daal Makhani | Dal Nawabi | Gujarati Dal | Dal Maharani | Masala Dal | Masoor Dal | Manchmel Daal | Panchmel Dal | Moong Dal With Palak | Parsi Dal | Sukhi Daal | Toor Daal | Urad Dal | Khatti Meethi Dal