- 4 medium sized chicken breasts (skinless & boneless)
- 2 tblsp yogurt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 2 medium sized capsicums
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 5 – 6 garlic flakes
- 1 1/2 tblsp oil
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1 inch ginger
- salt to taste
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 tblsp coriander powder
How to make murg makkai :
- Clean, wash and cut chicken breasts into 1 cm size dices.
- Wash capsicums, de-seed and cut into one centimeter squares.
- Finely chop ginger, garlic and coriander leaves and set then a side.
- Wash and puree tomatoes in a blender.
- Boil corn kernels in three to four cup of salted and sugar water(2:1) till soft.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat up oil in a non-stick pan, stir-fry ginger and garlic briefly.
- Mix in pureed tomato and stir fry on medium high flame heat frequently.
- Stir in red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Mix in chicken pieces and stir fry on medium heat, up for five to six minutes, stirring regularly.
- Mix in skimmed milk yogurt, cooked corn kernels, capsicum and salt.
- Mix well, lower heat, cover and continue to stir fry in between, till masala is a little thick and chicken pieces are completely cooked.
- Mix in garam masala powder and cut coriander leaves, mix gently and serve hot.
You may also like to try:
Veggie Corn Raita | Makai Na Bharta | Makai Ki Roti | Makki Korma | Makki Paneer Pakora