Here’s a delicious, spicy dal recipe with a mixture of 5 dals. It is also called Panchratan dal. Learn how to make Rajasthani panchmel dal.
- 50 gm split green gram lentil (moong ki dhuli dal)
- 50 gm urad ki dhuli dal
- 50 gm arhar dal
- 50 gm horse beans (chane ki dal)
- 50 gm split and skinned red masoor dal
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- a pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (namak)
- 1 tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp spice blend (garam masala)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1 lemon (nimbu)
- 1 tbsp coriander (dhania)
- 2 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- Mix all lentils and wash them properly.
- Soak them for half an hour.
- Now boil them in 4 cup water with salt, spice blend and turmeric powder in a pressure cooker.
- When cooked properly remove it from the flame. Mash it with a ladle.
- Heat ghee in a pan and crackle cumin seeds and asafoetida in it.
- Then add red chilly powder and coriander powder and mix it with lentils.
- Finely chop coriander and sprinkle on lentil.
- Add lemon juice and serve hot.
- Enjoy with Family and Friends. 🙂
You may try other Dal Recipes –
Arhar Dal | Arhar Dal With Mango | Chana Dal | Chana Dal Payasam | Daal Makhani | Dal Nawabi | Gujarati Dal | Dal Maharani | Masala Dal | Masoor Dal | Manchmel Daal | Moong Dal | Moong Dal With Palak | Parsi Dal | Sukhi Daal | Toor Daal | Urad Dal | Khatti Meethi Dal