Tickle your palate with spicy Shri Lankan taste in chicken curry blended with coconut milk, coriander and red chilies.
- 30 gms ghee
- 1 Onion (Pyaj), chopped
- 2 clove(laung)s garlic (lasan), crushed
- 3 to 4 fresh green or red chilies, cut lengthways into thin strips and seeds removed
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (haldi)
- 1 tblsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 kg chicken pieces
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) coconut (narial) milk
- 2 tblsp coconut (narial) cream (malai)
- 2 tblsp fresh lemon juice
- Melt ghee in a frying pan, add onion, garlic, chillies, turmeric and coriander. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and coconut milk. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, cover, simmer for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Add coconut cream and lemon juice, simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with Family and Friends. 🙂
You may also try other Coconut Recipes:
Coconut Rice | Aviyal | Coconut Podi | Coconut Pudding | Chocolate Coconut Cake | Coconut Burfi | Coconut Cake | Coconut Chikki | Mix Vegetables In Coconut Milk | Paneer Coconut Gravy | Coconut Chutney | Coconut Cupcakes | Coconut Chicken Curry | Coconut Custard Halwa | Gujiya | Lauki Coconut Raita | Macchi Ka Salan | Masaledar Nariyal Lauki | Baghare Baigan | Parippu Payasam | South Indian Chutney | Tomato Coconut Soup | Undhiyo | Vangi Ani val | Vegetable Nilgiri Korma | White Pumpkin Kootu | Bharwan Baingan