Learn how to make this classic strawberry cake made of strawberries, eggs and vanilla extract and relish it with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 vanilla pudding cup
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Start by defrosting the frozen strawberries in one cup of powder sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat together sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add in the eggs one by one and then carefully pour in the vanilla pudding. Add the strawberry mixture.
- Sieve in the flour and baking powder to the mixture and mix well.
- If the batter is thick, add in some milk slowly so that the batter gets a little smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
- Grease a 9 x 9 inch pan.
- Pour the prepared batter into the square pan and bake for 30-40 minutes till a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- To check the softness, see that the cake sprints back to the touch.
- Cut and serve it with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
You may also try other cakes recipes:
Apple Cake | Almond Cake | Banana Chocolate Cake | Carrot Cake | Chocolate Angel Cake | Chocolate Cherry Cake | Chocolate Coconut Cake | Chocolate Mocha Cake | Chocolate Swiss Roll | Coconut Cake | Coconut Cupcakes | Cornflour Cake | Dundee Cake | Eggless Cake | Fudge Cake | Honey Cake | Marble Cake | Peach Cake | Pineapple Upside Down | Pound Cake | Pumpkin Cake Recipe | Rainbow Cake | Sugarless Cake | Sweet Chocolate Cake | Walnut Palm Cake | Whiskey Cake