Here’s a delicious, spicy uttapam recipe with lots of vegetables. Learn how to make mixed vegetable uthappam.
- 2 cup rice (chawal)
- 1 cup split black gram lentil (dhuli urad ki dal)
- 3 onion (pyaj)
- 2 tomato (tamatar)
- a piece ginger (adrak)
- 2 green chilly (hari mirch)
- 1 tsp coriander leaves (dhania patti)
- 1 cup cabbage (patta gobi)
- 1 capsicum (shimla mirch)
- 2 carrot (gajar)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (namak)
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
- oil for cooking
How to make vegetable uttapam:
- Soak rice and dal separately for about 6 hours.
- Then grind them separately.
- Mix them in a container and add salt.
- Cover and leave for fermentation for 12 hours.
- Finely chop adrak, pyaj, shimla mirch, hari mirch, tomato and dhania.
- Grate carrot and patta gobi.
- Mix all these vegetables in the batter.
- Mix lal mirch in chawal batter.
- Heat a non stick pan/tawa and spread 1 tbsp batter on it.
- Cook at low flame and grease it on the corners and turn it to cook the other side.
- Serve it hot.
- If the batter sticks on a tawa, add little salt to the oil and grease the corners so that uttapam will not stick on tawa.
- Cook it at low flame to make it tastier.
- Enjoy with Family and Friends. 🙂